In today’s competitive marketplace, every business should strive for a positive reputation online. Your online reputation has become a vital part of your marketing strategy. Your marketing strategy should include research on current online reputation management statistics. Look no further than below to find out the latest stats in 2022 for your online reputation.
45 Statistics to Know for Your Online Reputation
- 6 out of 10 people use the internet.
- Internet users have grown by over 300 million in the past year alone.
- 1 in 7 internet users seeks out vlogs when researching brands online.
- 35% of consumers have used the internet to look up information about a business multiple times a week.
The internet is and continues to be the go-to spot for your customers to find out what the world has to say about your business. Leverage this by taking control of your online reputation.
- 98% of consumers read reviews online for local businesses
- 80% of consumers would feel motivated to write a review for a business if their initial negative experience was turned into a positive one.
- 81% of consumers are using Google to leave online reviews, 53% are using Yelp, and 48% are using Facebook.
It is important to note that Google is still the leading site for consumers to leave reviews about businesses. When focusing on marketing strategies, putting more effort into Google as a channel is a more lucrative decision.
- 98% of consumers are occasionally reading online reviews.
- 77% of consumers always or often read online reviews when looking for a business.
- 71% of consumers state they will choose a business that is actively responding to online reviews.
- It is important to note that 15% of consumers do not trust businesses without online reviews.
- Over 70% of consumers say they do not trust online reviews that have a date older than 3 months.
- 83% of the consumer population does not trust advertising and prefers online reviews as their resource.
- The age group 18 to 44 expects to see over 130 reviews when looking for a business to use.
- One bad review can undo the positive effects of 40 good reviews for a business.
- Over 75% of consumers focus on the most recent reviews.
- 87% of customers say the reason they leave reviews is to let others know of their positive experiences.
- Over 40% of customers say they will gladly leave a review if they have seen a business actively respond to previous reviews.
- Negative reviews about a business will turn away 60% of customers.
- 50 positive reviews will increase click-through rates by over 250%.
To summarize the statistics above, reviews are essential to your business succeeding. Part of your online reputation and marketing strategy is to leverage your online reviews. Creating a plan. Read reviews, respond to reviews, and share reviews. It is the best way to get started with your online reputation.
Social Media Stats
- Just over 300 million users joined social media networks from April 2021 to April 2022.
- Social Media gains 10 new users every single second of the day.
- Over 35% of customers become emotionally attached to a brand if the brand has interacted with them on social media platforms. Over 40% of customers who are 18-34 become emotionally connected with a brand that communicates with them via social media.
- Social Media is the second most effective source of marketing for generating traffic.
- Over 70% of consumers will follow social media to get discounts and deals.
- There are 732 million monthly active users on TikTok.
- 99% of adult social media users only are active on two social platforms outside of China.
Two ideas to take away from these social media statistics. One, your business needs to be engaged with customers through social media. This means, responding to comments, retweeting on Twitter, sharing others’ posts, and responding to DMs and other messages. Two, It is important to note that you can still be successful on social media even if you are only using one or two social channels.
- 40-60 billion searches are made on Google each month in the United States.
- Google is the most popular used search engine. It holds 79% of all desktop searches.
- The average search on Google lasts up to just under a minute including the loading of the results and the back button presses to those SERPs and newer search results.
- 66% of searches on Google result in one or more clicks.
Focus your marketing efforts on Google, these statistics are proof. To be able to improve your business’s online presence, you need to be on the first page of search results on Google.
- The mobile searches that have increased 200% in the past two are, “Where to buy” and “near me”.
- More than 50% of near me searches result in physical storefront visits.
- Over 60% of consumers will go to the physical business if they found relevant information on their search query.
- Over 50% of consumers search for local businesses on their mobile device browser.
- Google looks at business reviews as a signal to rank them. Review signals account for 15% in relation to how Google ranks.
- 80% of consumers will look at business reviews and information online while in the physical store.
Update your business information constantly on your website, Google My Business, social media platforms, and any other search engines that provide information about your business.
Mobile Search Stats
- The annual rate of smartphone usage is growing at a rate of 5.7%.
- Half the internet traffic worldwide accounts for mobile devices.
- Over 40% of customers said their preference for searching online is through a mobile browser.
- Sites that are optimized for mobile viewing are trusted by more than 50% of customers.
It is crucial to make sure that your business’s website is optimized for a mobile device. Check out these ways to optimize your website on mobile devices.
Voice Search Stats
In 2022, voice search is becoming just as popular as type searches. It is a good time to start looking into this.
- 70% of consumers prefer to search via voice, over typing.
- About 20% of voice searches are triggered by 25 keywords.
- Over 50% of customers between the ages of 30 and 44 used voice search at least once a day.
- The average word length of a voice search is 29 keywords.
How an Online Reputation Management Tool Can Help
Online reputation management as stated in the statistics above is crucial in this internet-thriving society. It is imperative to create an online reputation strategy to manage your brand. This strategy will include online reviews, social media DMs, generating customer feedback, and looking at the insights and data surrounding your brand’s online presence.
Using a tool like Localyser will collect your online reviews on one easy-to-read dashboard where you can see and respond to the reviews. Localyser will connect your Facebook Messenger and Instagram DMs for each one of your brands and locations to respond to your customers in real-time through one simple dashboard.
Localyser can help. Reach out today to learn how easy Localyser makes managing your brand’s reviews across multiple websites and more.